Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Best Way Out of a Rut? Ask the Expert -- YOU!

I've been having a hard time lately dealing with--guess what--money issues. But I think things are on the upswing, which is good. It's a slooooow upswing, though. In trying to just feel better I was having some problems. I was releasing (using Sedona Method, see earlier posts), which is great, but I guess I really just needed a quick fix. I just wanted to feel good, and to even know what feeling good felt like.

And then a thought occured to me: why not ask myself? So, I asked myself, "How would you like to feel?"

I felt a surge of joy, coming over me in increasing waves. I felt my heart loosen and open like I do when I've made a breakthrough. Tears actually came to my eyes as I stuck with this question over and over and over. So this is what "feeling good" feels like, I thought. My body knew all the time; it's just that my thoughts were fighting it.

Try it. You don't need to be by yourself in the room, but being in your own world helps. You can be walking or meditating or anywhere where you feel you can speak to your innermost being. And ask yourself, "How would you like to feel?" It's amazing once you open up the possibility of feeling good. We get so trapped in the habit of worrying, that we don't even open up the possibility that we should feel good. Perhaps this is society; perhaps it's self-punishment for not doing everything perfectly; perhaps it's regression to a childlike state, our thoughts being the oppressors, telling us we need to feel guilty and bad for the things we haven't done right. In any case, times of feeling good often come few and far between, so that the cause seems arbitrary, the times random. Sometimes it's a good day, sometimes bad, but we don't control it. We allow something else to control it for us, to the point where we forget what "feeling good" feels like.

So, there you go. You are your own best friend. Whenever you feel stuck, fearful, anxious, frustrated, or anything that seems to debilitate your sense of freedom, ask yourself questions. If you want to feel good, ask yourself to feel good, or what it feels like to feel good. You can ask yourself why something bothers you, or why you can't finish a certain task. You can ask yourself about your life purpose. I did this recently; I was at the end of my rope, as far as getting rejected for acting roles. A role which I had informally been told was mine actually wasn't. I went down to the mini-park by my house. I smoked a cigarette or two (I know, I know) and just tried to ask God, the Universe, what was up. What's going down? Should I quit acting? I felt pretty much like I should. And I will say, when you reach out, you will feel the support. I felt my spirit guides around me, I felt the universe ready to unfold. I felt support. I heard a voice say, "Persevere, " and, "you'll get there." So, I'm still here. But in moments when we feel all alone in some way or another, when you reach inside yourself, you'll see you're far from alone. It's fun, actually.

No comments: